12.15.2010

Ramblings of an Insomniac

This whole website brings me back to the good 'ol days of Xanga.
Man, I was on xanga every chance I got. If I wasn't commenting on all of my friends posts complaining about how we were so misunderstood I was looking for an even newer background or chatting away the hours on AIM. I was around the age of thirteen then.
Thirteen year old Emily...boy was she a character. She was more worried about finding a ride to the next show at the courtyards and memorizing the lyrics to every new song she liked that came on PowerFuse. She'd sit for hours watching music videos and making a list of the artists and songs she liked so her best friend's big brother could burn her a mixed CD.
Seven years later here she is typing completely useless information into yet another blog. She's still wearing the exact pair of Chuck Taylors as she did when she was thirteen, but the things she's seen while wearing those shoes in the past seven years....wow. She's opened her college acceptance letter in those shoes, walked to many classes at the university in those shoes, crossed the threshold in countless houses for countless shows and parties in those shoes. She's stumbled upon thousands of acquaintances and hundreds of new friends, made connections that could boost her future, and experienced heart break in those shoes. And this year, she witness a man stop a human heart in those shoes. Those shoes have taken her miles upon miles in the hospital doing rounds with the doctor she's shadowing.
You know what's funny though? I really prefer to go barefoot.

Enough mushy nostalgia.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the neurologist about the hellacious migraines I've been having this year. I've had them for awhile, but lately they just won't go away. If you've ever had a migraine you can sympathize. Anyway, I'm excited to get them cleared up. I just hope someone doesn't drive into my parked car in the parking lot like they did last time I was at that clinic. Cross our fingers, shall we?

Let's close on a happy note:
I'm the luckiest girl in the world to be laying here next to the sweetest, gentlest, fluffiest thing in the whole world: a black shih tzuh named Mr. Bo Jangles who has had my whole heart for the last four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment