1.04.2012

New Year's Resolutions



1. Keep God in the forefront of all that I do: Start each day in quiet with Him and end each day praising Him. Allow Him to guide my every move and walk hand-in-hand with Him as He decides how my relationships should or should not progress. Allow Him to use me as His sock puppet.


2. Eliminate negativity from all areas of my life, both internal (thoughts, opinions, actions, etc.) and external (influence, media, etc.).


3. Cultivate closer relationships with those who surround me by learning to set myself aside and focus on being a better listener, considering how my actions affect/effect others and their feelings first, and experiencing them wholly for who they are and not who I want them to be.


4. Focus on maintaining a healthy spiritual, mental and physical lifestyle. Growing closer to God through relationships with His people. Taking care of the body He gave me and using the mental capacity He blessed me with, to it's full potential. Attempting to do His will in all that I do and seeking His guidance always.


5. Separate myself from media: computers, television, phone and even music (to an extent) so that they no longer act as a distraction or hinder me from experiencing the people and world in full.


6. Set short-term goals for the year, a bucket list of sorts, and focus on accomplishing each goal and involving as many people in the process as possible. (Bucket list to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment