2.10.2012


Just a chilly, dreary Friday morning and I sit in my perch by the big windows on the third floor of LAB watching people scurry around below me instead of translating the rest of Der Milchmann from German to English. It's more fun doing this anyway. It's amazing how many more people are on campus at 8:30 than 7:30. 
Today is a Bon Iver kind of day...It's kind of weird how much emphasis or influence I allow for music to have on my day, but it really sets the tone. I'm kind of excited to see how the native sounds of Africa play a role in my experience there. 

There's really no point to this post, just ramblings....and procrastination I suppose. All of this week I've felt at least half a beat off and two steps behind. Next week is going to be worse, I'm afraid. I just need to make it through next Wednesday. Then I can start working ahead again. I hate playing catch up. 
On a positive note: My God is bigger than all of it. School is a privilege. No matter how much stuff I have to do, I'm lucky I have the opportunity and ability to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment