3.17.2012

Preparations

Well, my trip to Africa is coming along.
 So far:

  • I have been vaccinated. 
  • Gotten Rx for all the prophylactic medications I'll need while I'm there.
  • Received my invitation to apply for a visa.
  • Filled out my visa application.
  • Updated my passport.
  • Purchased important supplies: raincoat, boots, mosquito net, backpack, scrubs, examination gloves...
All I have left is:
  • Book my flight.
  • Acquire a visa
  • Get a few more things: bug spray, water tabs, electrolyte tabs, converter...
I'm so so excited just thinking about the trip! I just have to keep focused on the RIGHT NOW...right now. MCAT, graduate, MCAT, graduate, MCAT, graduate....

The flight I'm looking to book will fly out from NOLA, connect in ATL and go to Paris where I'll have an 8 hour layover.
AH. PARIS. 
I've never been to France before. Now I may be there for eight hours...which is long enough to at least step outside and grab dinner somewhere quick. On my return home, I'll connect in Paris again and we're trying to work it out to where I can stay with my family in Germany for a week or so. I'd love to do that! Especially if I could  stay the night in a hostel and explore Paris for a day before being picked up. I can't wait to be in Germany again! (if it all works out) Even if I only see Paris for a few hours, it will be worth it to go to Germany and see my family and REALLY speak the language.
AH.
But Africa. THAT is where it's going to be fun.
And THAT is where God is going to work.
I can feel it!
God has already given me an incredible family that's fueling my trip. There's no way He'd do so much for no reason.
AH. SO. EXCITED.

No comments:

Post a Comment