12.20.2010

Book Feast!

During the school year I am much too busy to read. When I get into a book I am very likely to finish it in one or two sittings. So far this holiday I have read two books and am working on my third.



Dogwood told of an unbelievable love story hidden within a suspense mind twister. I'm not one for those sappy/trashy love stories (unless it's 100 degrees outside and I'm laying on a beach somewhere replacing the lead roles with myself and the yummy cabana boy) but this book was a-okay. It had a perfect balance of mind games and sub-plots to keep you entertained.


After being starved for literature, I tend to attack book after book. I tore our house apart looking for something I haven't already read once or twice and came across The Road.


Oh boy, this book was extremely dark and sad. It told of a father and a son attempting to live in a post-apocalyptic world where, really...there was no hope. Normally I'd turn away from such buzz-kills, but this book was just one I couldn't put down. I'd suggest it as a good read for those who don't get too emotionally attached to the characters in the book. I sobbed through the last 10 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment