11.18.2011

11.18


"In the latest Cameroon news, Cameroon's President Paul Biya has been sworn in for a sixth term after winning the election. Seventy eight year old president Paul Biya, who has held the position for the last 29 years, won last month's election by a landslide.

President Biya took over from President Ahmadou Ahidjo in 1982. Facing popular discontent, he allowed multi-party presidential elections in 1992, in which he emerged victorious. He won again in the 1997 elections, which were boycotted by the three main opposition parties, and again in 2004.

"The task awaiting us is immense and difficult, but I don't think it's above us," Mr. Biya told legislators, government ministers and diplomats and the Cameroon news media in a packed Parliament building after winning the latest presidential election. "Our country must continue to enjoy peace and stability."
(http://www.openpr.com)


Praying for peace and stability in Cameroon.
183.
____

In other news, God has placed some pretty interesting and exciting people in my life lately. I'm both nervous and curious to see where things lead. I understand it is not my place to know now, though. 
I'll be patient. 

Rather, I will try to be patient.


I turned in my application for graduation today. Surreal. Where did the time go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment