1.16.2012

"You who are young, make the most of your youth.
Relish your youthful vigor
Follow the impulses of your heart.

If something looks good to you, pursue it
But know also that not just anything goes;
You have to answer to God for every last bit of it.

Live footloose and fancy free--
You won't be young for ever.
Youth lasts about as long as smoke."
-Ecclesiastes 11:9-10

At first glance it sounds as though this passage is saying to live while young because youth doesn't last, which is something I've had to come to terms with lately as I am now staring college graduation in the face. I've been so scared to leave my undergraduate career, friends and environment lately.The irony here? This passage gives me hope. It tells me that while I am facing changes, I am still young. I can adapt. I've done all I can here and it is time to move on to bigger and better things. My youth doesn't end with college. Right now I am young and I have the youthful vigor required to pursue the things God has in store for me. It's time to throw off my security blanket and embrace change. It's time to dive head first into the "real" world and I want to cause a big splash, leaving behind as many ripples as I can. And when my time is up and my youth disappears like smoke, I don't want to be remembered. I want my actions and the Savior who fueled each action to be remembered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment