12.20.2014

Oreo Icebox Pie

I'm putting this here so I can share it with everyone. This recipe came to me while I was driving home for Thanksgiving and has been a hit ever since.


Oreo Icebox Pie
1 package of Oreo cookies
8oz cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
vanilla extract
milk
8oz tub of Cool Whip
Hershey's chocolate syrup
milk

How To:
1. Dunk the Oreos in the milk and line a pie dish with the cookies. Don't soak the cookies, just dunk them quickly and place in the dish.
2. In a mixer, cream together the cream cheese, vanilla (just a dollop), and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
3. Crumble a few cookies into the mixer and let it combine evenly to give the filling the whole cookies-n-cream feel.
4. Pour filling over cookie lined pie dish and allow it to settle. I like to drizzle a little bit of Hershey's syrup over the top just to add a little extra chocolate!
5. This is the hard part: allow the pie to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
6. Once the pie has stiffened up a bit, pour the Cool Whip over the top. I like to swirl a little bit more chocolate syrup in the Cool Whip because I'm glutton for punishment.
7. The pie needs to stand in the fridge over night. Trust me, it's worth the wait!! I also like to put about half a dozen of the left over Oreos in the freezer and let them freeze over night.
8. Right before you serve the pie, take the Oreos from the freezer and chop them up. I use a big knife and make some large cookie chunks and grind a few up with the handle of the knife to make a nice crumbly powder. Sprinkle this over the top and you're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment