4.03.2016

The Plunge

We finally did it! And our photographer captured everything perfectly. It's been a crazy almost-year of marriage. The day after returining from our honeymoon we were thrown straight back into reality. JC started his Family Medicine rotation in a town about an hour away and I started my summer surgery program. With hours away from home like 5a-7p for me and his schedule alternating between nights and days, we really hardly got to see each other the first few months. So that's why it was such a fantastic surprise to receive a package from Natalie one month after our Big Day. It really allowed us to sit down and re-live wedded bliss. 
(This post was intended to be published ages ago...but like a lot of things, I got behind on doing it.)

Here are a few of my favorites from our day:

When I first saw this dress in the shop I knew it was "the one" and didn't think twice about it being blush. I though the color made it a little bit quirky, kind of like me.


















In the above photo we are seen on our wedding day in the same spot we had our first date and the same spot he proposed. 


It was absolutely random and perfect that Sweet 'Sippi snow-cones set up outside of our venue while we were taking photos! 


My mother, her friend Pam, and I made the bouquets together at the hotel before the rehearsal dinner Friday night.










A friend of my mothers began baking as a hobby. I'd seen and tasted some of her work and knew she HAD to be the one to make my cake!

We are now about two months away from our first anniversary. JC is wrapping up his third year rotations and preparing to study for his USMLE Step 2 exam. I am in the heat of M2 year: prepping for our block 5 exams, board exams and USMLE Step 1. I take Step 1 in t-minus 46 days!! 
It's crazy how things work out sometimes. Our first anniversary is coming up and coincidentally it's the same day orientation begins for M3 year. I think this is how things will work out for us the rest of our lives. 
But we're okay with that. We've got each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment